'China is changing', say the experts.But Communist China remains the same.
Eight Functions of the Central Propaganda Department
Xinhua, June 30, 2010
The spokesman of the Central Propaganda Department of the Chinese Communist Party recently talked about the eight functions of this Party department:
(1) directing the propaganda of Marxism;
(2) guiding public opinion;
(3) directing the production of culture products;
(4) planning overall ideological and political work;
(5) managing leadership personnel in the propaganda area;
(6) creating propaganda policies and coordinating propaganda organizations;
(7) providing public opinion intelligence to Party leadership;
(8) leading cultural system reform, including the publication and broadcasting industries.